The month of January started and ended in Asia. Finishing my 6th Ayurveda retreat in Sri Lanka (losing 4 kilos that I have kept off after a month back home), I visited a girls’ residence supported by my partner before flying back home. I ended the month visiting the Asian part of Istanbul, with several trips in between covering five cities in three countries.
After arriving in Düsseldorf Jan. 13th, I visited a yoga teacher I met at the Thaulle Resort in Tissa, then on the morning of 14th attended a FIBO meeting in Köln where the new digital marketing opportunities were presented.
From Amsterdam that evening I headed to Berlin for meetings at the Urban Sports Club headquarters, followed by lunch with the CEO of Fitbox. I stopped by the Evo Fitness nearby, then after a visit to Softgarden, who assist companies in their personnel search process, visited the head offices of Mrs. Sporty / Pixformance / VAHA. Finally caught up with top Personal Trainer and creator of the Seven Rocks programme, Eileen Gallasch.
The following weekend I attended a leisure swim complex called Miramar near Heidelberg, before holding a meeting in Kornwestheim by Stuttgart at the offices of Glucker Kolleg.
From there I headed to Munich for the grand opening of Prime Time Fitness’ third location there. Happy to report that I will be supporting Burda Fit Tech Summit at FIBO and their major event in the fall in Munich.
Closing the month in Istanbul, a vibrant city I have been to several times before, I met with the IT Director of MacFit/Mars Sportif, who now have close to 100 locations in Turkey. But It was primarily a birthday celebration trip for/with my partner Annette.
Four trips are planned, starting with:
- Frankfurt (presentation at the annual conference of the German PT Association), with a stop on the way back in Buggingen/Müllheim (Baden, in SW Germany where I meet relatives and a club owner I have known for 20 years)
- London (Sweat boutique fitness Conference 20.02. before that various meetings and club visits)
- Berlin: two birthday parties of friends met in Sri Lanka, as well as meetings with Urban Sports Club staff
- Frankfurt, Bonn, Düsseldorf and Amsterdam trip with meetings set up with existing and future clients. Originally only a Frankfurt was planned, but I have learned the art of combining meetings in different cities, and outsmarting the extortionary flight prices on the monopoly route Zürich-Frankfurt (served only by Lufthansa and Swiss, who are part of the same airline group)…flying “open jaw”, that is, into Frankfurt and back from Amsterdam was cheaper than a one way trip.
- Zürich: only 30 minutes from my home of Winterthur, I attended an interesting evening event organized by the Zürich PR Society, with a high level panel discussion on the effect of streaming services on TV and media
I started playing tennis again indoors, and look forward to the outdoor season.
- Meet the Top, Mallorca
- Luxembourg dinner with co-lecturer of the German University
- Saarbrücken – MBA course lecturing in Strategic Planning
- Paris – Body Fitness show
- Vancouver – visit with my older brother en route to San Diego
- IHRSA Convention, with club and supplier visits
- Toronto one day/night stopover to see my siblings and 93 year old mother
Till next time,