Since returning from Toronto and Reykjavik August 20th I have attended four events (Zurich PR Society, Holodia VR workshop, the Bodymedia Innovation Day in Leipzig and the diploma celebration for Masters graduates of the Zurich University of Applied Science). I also visited clients in Berlin and Amsterdam this month.
Four days of lecturing in the MBA programme in Köln with the focus on marketing was also fun and an opportunity to share some of my industry perspectives.
There were a couple day trips to Constance and the Reichenau half-island, and three days in Viktorsberg (Vorarlberg, Austria):
Finally the month ended with a celebration of my daughter’s 25th birthday in Winterthur and a belated congratulations to my son Julian, who turned 27 earlier in the month.
- Looking ahead there are eight events I am scheduled to attend in the coming weeks:
- Hamburg – the final BodyMedia Innovation Days event and visits with some local clubs, including Kaifu Lodge, Juka Doyo (which I first visited back in 1984) and Prime Time Fitness
- Amsterdam, Fitnation October 3-4: the second annual event organised by Virtuagym, I will lead two workshops
- Oktoberfest – my brother Guff from Vancouver will join me, Julian and Felicia for the final weekend of this incredible beer fest in Munich
- Meetings in Austria and Bavaria are followed by two events in Düsseldorf on October 10th: DIFG and Bodylife Awards
- IHRSA’s European Congress takes place in Dublin October 14-17, then the Aufstiegskongress in Mannheim of the German University of Health and Prevention round out a very busy month, which has me on the road for 18 days
- In November I will attend the SIBEC B2B event in Malta (5-8), and also attend the FitFair in Utrecht, Netherlands 22-23.11
- Then looking forward to my end of the year highlight – a return to Thaulle Resort in Sri Lanka for my sixth Ayurveda Retreat
I still love to travel, and as long as I can continue to do what I am doing, and helping people and clients I will continue to do it. Still training regularly, playing tennis when I am at home base, I believe in practicing what I preach and keeping balance with a healthy mind and a (for the most part) healthy body.